Our summer Touch Rugby League program began at Soccer Factory on Monday 25th April.
Touch Rugby League is a fast, skilful and action packed team sport, played in a fun and social atmosphere, without any of the tackling you see in a traditional game of Rugby League.
Quick Guide to Touch Rugby League
- The simple aim of Touch Rugby League is to score a try by grounding the ball over the opposition’s try line.
- The basics of the sport are similar to the traditional game in that you pass the ball backwards and have six opportunities to score.
- To stop the other team from scoring you must touch the player with the ball. A legal touch is on any part of the body, clothing or ball and constitutes a tackle.
- After six touches the ball is handed over from the attacking team to the defending team.
- The game consists of two 20 minute halves.
- 5/6 players per team are allowed on the field at any one time and there are unlimited numbers of substitutions.